ASTR 221 Assignments & Links
The course has two labs and an exam on the lecture material. The second lab is essentially
a proficiency test with the C-8 telescope.
Scores for each of the labs and the in-class exam will be normalized to 100, and weighted
40-40-20, with your worst score being the 20%.
USEFUL LINKS FOR THE ASSIGNMENTS
- Wed October 17: Lab I
- Wed November 14: In class exam on lecture material
- Wed November 14 - Wed November 21; Sat Dec 1 - Wed Dec 12: Lab II proficiency exams
- Set your watch to Universal Time or Central Time at the
may prove useful to you for selecting objects for your project.
- Latitude and Longitude for the campus are: 29:43:09.6, 95:24:15.6, respectively.
- Latitude and Longitude for Manvel location is: 29:27:56, 95:20:17.7.
Grade Distribution for Fall 2012 [average=B; unknown number of students take it pass/fail]
X X X X
X X X X X X X X
A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D+ D F
5 students intially registered for the class dropped it.